Tips for the First Date
Sometimes, first dates feel worth more than job interviews. If you feel extremely nervous, awkward, and completely lost a day before it, how can it go right? Well, the first thing you need to do is to calm down. There is a real way to really enjoy this experience. Below, you can find tips that actually work—they will help you feel good, look good, have an enjoyable date, good memories, and clear understanding of whether you want to meet this person once again or not.
Things You Can Do Right Before a Date
There are a few things that you can do before a date to make it absolutely incredible or at least pretty nice. What are they? Let’s take a look.
Use Your Realistic Photo if You Look for Someone Online
If you don’t have a date so far but think about the future (great strategy, by the way), you have a real chance to make your dates more successful even without having one. Just upload realistic photos at hookup sites. A lot of people make this mistake. They make disappointment the first thing their dates feel. It’s a really, really bad strategy.
Dress to Impress, but don’t Try Too Hard
Here’s the thing: you should choose the outfit that makes you feel gorgeous. But you shouldn’t wear something excessively gorgeous, don’t dress like you are going to Queen Elizabeth’s dinner. Choose something casual and something that makes you feel comfortable. And don't be obsessed over how your clothes sit—put them on, relax, and forget about them.
Do Pleasant Things During the Day
What you need to do is to keep your mind off fears and doubts and put yourself in a good mood. Eat your favorite food, listen to good music, just inspire yourself!
A Few More Quick Tips for Daters:
- Even if you like your date a lot, try not to think that he or she “is definitely the one!” That’s how you can avoid anxiety and disappointments.
- If you think that this will be love at first sight, convince yourself it’s not. High expectations often cause disappointments.
- Keep in mind that you’re going to have an adventure and not the job interview.
- Think of your date as an experience that will be useful for you anyway.
- Relax. Nothing really bad will happen.
Things You Can Do Right during Your Date
Okay, you are ready. Any tips for a date? Yes, you can find the most important of them below.
Don’t Pretend to Be Someone Else
Most people want to seem better than they are. However, many of them just don’t see how unnatural their attempts may look. Pretending to be someone else, not being yourself not only makes you look like a weirdo but also is a bad decision from a long-term perspective.
Listen to your date and talk about the things that make him/her feel good
Of course, it’s all about respect. If your partner doesn’t respect you, just stop this date. You are not responsible for him or her. But you are responsible for yourself, so listen to your date, and try to talk more about the things he/she likes or feels good at.
No matter if you are a woman or a man, you should never complain about anything. That’s just not sexy. It makes you look pathetic, so just don’t do it to yourself.
A Few More Quick Tips for Daters:
- Don’t ask your date questions that make them feel uncomfortable. "Why are you single?" is definitely one of them.
- Discussing something more intimate is absolutely normal if you both are okay with that.
- If he/she wants to split the bill, agree. If she’s telling that just because she wants to be polite, insist. If you are a woman, do what you think is right.
- Use his or her name more often, especially at the very beginning of the date.
- Too many compliments are no good, too, even if you are really impressed.
- Don’t look too enthusiastic and excited, be calmer and a bit more confident.
Not everything depends on you. Still, you can control a lot of things, and more importantly, you can relax and just have fun.
By the way, if there was a force majeure, and if your date turns out to be a complete, hm, let’s say “fool,” or pervert, remember that this was the last time you had such an experience. The exact same situation will never happen again.